Thursday, October 17, 2013

Taking the Excuses: How Much Do you Rationalize?


I remember when I PREFER took my first yoga class a long time back. I always wanted to start yoga but came across every excuse not to attend a class. Finally, a good friend of mine offered a gentle pilates class. I like the word "gentle", since it do not imply difficult or a particular head stands. You realise, my main excuse believe I wasn't flexible to any extent further. Well, wouldn't that be a part of the point of having yoga class? Then it become a competition reason. "Well, everyone else will be more flexible than me. " I used to be to laugh during my top notch, since everyone thought the similar thing- no one really could bend like a pretzel, except for a new yoga teacher. I realized I to be able to just decide that I was going to take the class. Left to personalized devices, I was going to talk myself from it. I had to cease making excuses.

Rationalization is a coping mechanism that can justify making a specialized decision. It's also handy to speak yourself into or out from doing something. This coping technique is rather tricky. Our minds can stop wasting time to judge a problem without thoroughly thinking over the situation.

Another common rationalization trap is putting off happiness. It's what I call the "I'll feel free when" game. I offered large health care businesses for the majority of my occupational Therapy job. A common mind dvds I played was postponing my happiness by daydreaming on a different life. The problem was I didn't take actions toward located my dreams. I was miserable and this was my choice to live that way. I loved working in my patients dearly but in reality, my values were differed in the local employer's values. It bothered me to the point where I couldn't sleep in the evening. The crazy part became that I could choose to be happy at any the low. I knew in my very own heart that I fancied my own private Massage when you need. I fantasized what it might be like to be self-employed. "I'll be happy when I can go to Massage School", which led to "I'll feel free when I graduate from Massage School so i can have my own corporate and business. " And the mailing list continued.

The point was that i had everything in my grasp to be successful right at any time being, even when I was miserable. I didn't need to wait on a self-assured circumstance or situation. And i certainly didn't need my thoughts to play tricks everywhere in me. I needed to make the decision.

When you make your next decision, big or smaller, be aware of people slick talker called rationalization. You determine your choices and most importantly, your happiness.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment